Integration Specialist (Clinical Systems)
11th February 2021
Position: Integration Specialist (Clinical Systems)
Location: Home based + occasional travel to UK Customer sites and Altrincham office
Civica’s Clinical Systems empowers over 400 customers across the NHS and private care sector. We bring their clinical, financial and operational settings together through smart, dependable software that connects people, processes and systems more effectively.
The Integration Specialist will play a key role in the delivery of these solutions, aiding visibility between systems, (Civica’s Clinical systems and Client systems (Electronic Patient Records etc.), working across a variety of technologies, delivering and upgrading the integration components. The role will join the multi-disciplined technical team that are developing and delivering the Civica Clinical Systems product set.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead on system implementations, working with each Client’s Lead Technical Consultant / Team to scope the integrations required. Deploy, configure and upgrade software integration software solutions that have been developed in-house
- Design integration solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices
- Work with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations.
- Ensure that technical designs, internal documentation, processes and procedures are fully documented and maintained as required
- Test and evaluate new technology, in line with business or customer requirements
- Validate and advise customers on the suitability of their platforms for the installation of the Clinical Systems software solutions
- Attend hosting data centres and customer premises as required
- Strong customer skills, able to demonstrate ability to build strong customer relationships working closely with Customers technical teams
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, able to communicate across technical and non-technical audiences
- A knowledge of as many of the following architectures and protocols as possible: JSON, MOM, XSLT, SOA, UDDI, EDA, REST, XML, FTP, WSDL, and SOAP
- Knowledge about secure transmissions, digital certificated, and PKI
- Understanding of Oracle and/or SQL Server DBS
- Technical knowledge of both hosted and remotely administered environments and infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge of installing configuring and troubleshooting virtual technology platforms
- Knowledge in T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Ability to take a pro-active approach to tasks and duties
- Logical and strong problem solving skills
- Track and report on regular tasks executed to ensure system availability maintaining a continuous improvement roadmap.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness towards personal self-development, by keeping skills set and knowledge current and appropriate for the role
- The ability to be flexible, adaptable, think on your feet and work on your own initiative
- Excellent skills to manage expectations and control changing requirements
- UK Driving license with willingness to work away / stay overnight from home.
- Working experience with various messaging solutions (e.g. HL7/FHIR) - preferred
- Experience of installing, supporting & troubleshooting Docker containers - preferred
- Experience with API troubleshooting tools - preferred
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.