11th February 2022
Job title: Finance Manager
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Reference Number: 1726
Are you a qualified Finance Manager looking to join a leading public sector software companies in the UK?
We are looking for a Finance Manager to provide day to day financial support and expertise to the Finance Director and MD’s across the division.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities
- Preparation and review of monthly board reports to include forecasting, pipeline reviews, accounts analysis
- Monthly review of sales and Ops KPI’s
- Review OSR’s (Optimising Services Review) with all relevant BU’s to understand effectiveness of delivery, impact on AADR across the division and drive improvement
- Monitor delivery of BP4d against plan, understand any variances and report to Divisional MD and FD
- Work closely with operational managers to maintain robust financial processes and integrity of financial data
- Other management accounting duties such as cost analysis & various reconciliations including recurring revenue
- Preparation of the annual business plans in conjunction with the relevant Managing Director
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
You will be a qualified accountant, who will also have:
- Commercial and industry awareness
- Project / Contract accounting experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-financial managers
- Flexible approach and willingness to travel as necessary
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.