26th April 2022
Job title: Finance Administrator - CES
Location: Hybrid – London/Home based
Job type: Full time 12 Month Contract
Job Reference: 1908
Are you beginning your qualifications in Finance and looking to join a company who will support and nurture your career aspirations? Do you have experience supporting a finance team and looking for a role to utilise your expertise at one of the leading public sector software companies in the UK?
We are looking for a Finance Administrator to provide day to day financial administration support for our Civica Election Services team.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities
Ensure the daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly activities are carried out as needed.
Daily activities including
Invoice processing including:
- Printing and emailing of electronic invoices
- Sorting/categorising of supplier invoices (with/without POs) and updating and maintaining NAV
- Provide POs for authorised requests
- Respond to customer/supplier email/phone queries
Weekly Activities including:
- Checking of timesheets with agency invoices and enter on NAV
- Process courier invoices
- Process costs for Royal Mail including ratification of dockets, invoice maintenance and JMS data entry
- Process invoices from UKMail including updating of NAV
- Manage Supplier payments via various channels within agreed payment terms including printing of remittance advices, liaising with suppliers and maintaining NAV –
- File posted invoices/bank payment schedules
- Carry out due diligence and confirm any new bank details
- Set up new Suppliers/Customers on NAV
- Manage expense payments (bank transfers and petty cash) ensuring alignment with policy
Monthly activities including:
- Invoicing support including the maintenance of MES mailing invoices spreadsheet
- Printing of invoices for mobile costs and entering on NAV
- General support including working with revenues team to resolve queries with contracts and managing any ad hoc finance queries
As someone who has ideally begun their qualifications, you will also have;
- Strict attention to detail
- Microsoft Office suite with good Excel skills
- Experience working to strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to work using own initiative
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent numeracy & analytical skills
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.