9th June 2021
Location: Home / office split – Luton site (once a week)
Skills – IT Security / CISSP / IT Security Manager / ICT Security Officer
Benefits: comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday (option to buy more and sell back holiday) pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various employee discount schemes
Are you an IT security and risk expert looking to take a next step? Do you want to join a Top Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica is a top provider of IT managed services to public sector organisations. This opening is to work as part of a team with a local authority to develop and manage ongoing risk auditing and security across their systems.
Responsibilities will include –
- Ensure that the service is compliant to all applicable Authority and Public Sector Information Governance, Policies, Procedures, Frameworks, Codes of Practice, Legislation and Guidance as may prevail from time to time;
- Be responsible for achieving and maintaining relevant accreditations for the Service
- Develop policies and standards with the Authority to cover all aspects of security
- Ensure that the Service including all data, data processing facilities and systems, networks and End User Devices is protected against malicious attack, virus, malware, spyware, unauthorised intrusion, data theft and data corruption
- Ensure that all systems will be configured with appropriate security settings, access controls and policy enforcement
- Ensure access to services is secured and authenticated appropriately (e.g. two factor for external access)
- Ensure that all systems targeted for disposal will have all information securely and irrevocably erased before disposal (to agreed standards and policies)
- Be responsible for local team knowledge of risk assessments and the overall risk process
- Drive inherent knowledge and appreciation of risk throughout the team so that it becomes an integral part of business operations
- Liaise with the organisation to review risks on a regular basis and demonstrate that appropriate mitigating actions are being taken where required through business reporting, as required
- Maintain documented evidence of reported risks and mitigations through a published tracker
- Be the SME for risk related questions
- Suitable candidates will have worked as a security manager, risk manager or compliance manager and have CISSP accreditation. You should also demonstrate the following –
- Previous experience of Security Management regimes and approaches
- Demonstrable experience of a complex, technical environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to apply methodical and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to inspire co-operation and co-ordinate activities across teams, with emphasis on stakeholder working
- Ability to make decisions and drive solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Familiarity with current technologies utilised within the ITO marketplace
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Knowledge of Local Authority compliance requirement & industry best practice
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.