7th January 2022
Working from Home (with occasional travel to Leeds and Customer sites)
Contract – 3 months (may renew)
Skills: Public, Hybrid and Private Cloud, VMWare (ideally to v.6), Hyper-V, Networking, Security, Storage and Identity Management,
We have an urgent requirement for a Cloud Architect to join a small team of Architects delivering Solutions/Technical Architecture in the Solutions Team based in Civica’s Technology Centre.
As a Cloud Architect you will be leading on the design, planning and execution of the implementation of a range cloud focussed projects on both Civica’s and customers private, hybrid and public cloud infrastructure. Pushing innovation and developing leading edge solutions that deliver the business needs of the Civica Group and our Customers.
The Cloud Architect is a Senior role, leading and taking ownership of Professional and Managed Services project delivery activities, including:
- Perform the Technical Design Authority and Solution Architect role for the project and/or programme
- Responsibility for the design and implementation of multiple projects into Civica’s private and public cloud environments using vendor best practices
- Carry out design governance reviews and enhance processes to aid cost-efficient design and delivery
- Enhance existing solutions in conjunction with Service Improvement reviews
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for cloud infrastructure technology solutions
- Provide accurate technical input to support the Pre-Sales and Sales Teams to provide cost effective delivery of Cloud solutions
- Must be prepared for occassional travel UK wide for both Pre-Sales and Delivery engagements, plus Civica UK offices including Leeds and London
- Develop solutions that consider security, future proofing, maintainability and cost effectiveness
Civica delivers a wide range of specialist software solutions to Local Government and private Customers across the UK. We have grown year on year for the last 22 years.
You will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Advanced technical knowledge of private, hybrid and public cloud designs, environments and infrastructure
- Experience in Enterprise Scale Data Centre Virtualisation, Design, Automation and Implementation
- VMware NSX-T and Ansible
- HP Server and Blade Technologies and Nimble SAN Hardware
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Design, Automation and Implementation
- Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Enterprise Mobility and Security and Windows) solution design and implementation
- Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server and Hyper-V infrastructure solution design
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory including hybrid integration
- Design of service management and monitoring infrastructure
- Self-starter approach, highly motivated, highly organised
- Ability to manage & plan deployments to teams of technical engineers to lead the delivery of the solution to the customer
- Be one of the main technical points of reference for cloud solutions and technologies
- Good understanding of Networking, Security, Storage and Identity Management
- Evidence of experience in a fast-paced Managed Services environment
- Demonstratable experience of working on large infrastructure transformation projects and programmes
- Experience of project scoping and presales
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Eligibility to obtain Security Clearance (SC or above and NPPV3)
- Preferred - Microsoft Expert level certifications in Azure and Office 365
- Preferred - VMware Certifications – VCP-DCV and/or VCP-NX or above preferred
- Preferred - Knowledge and experience of Global Infrastructure Architecture, High Availability and Geo-Resilience
- Preferred - Experience and certifications with AWS would be advantageous
- Preferred - Experience with Linux would be advantageous
- Preferred - Experience of scoping and designing solutions following UK Government Security Classifications
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.