12th April 2022
Job title: Business Centre Coordinator
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job reference: 1886
Are you passionate about delivering the highest Customer Service and want to work within a fast paced and growing company? If that’s a yes, then we would like to speak with you. I am on the lookout for a Business Centre Coordinator to join a dedicated team of like minded and service driven professionals.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
- To be certified and maintain certification as a Fire Marshal and First Aider.
- Manage the Local First Ais and Fire Marshal Rota, ensuring cover for all dates the facility is open.
- Maintain the facility Emergency Preparedness and Incident Response Plan (training will be provided).
- In the event of an emergency, manage the evacuation of the facility in accordance with the local procedures and plans, and as directed by the emergency services.
- Maintain a contact list of critical suppliers specific to the local facility.
- Escalate any local incidents to the Facilities Management Team or the Group Incident Response Team, as appropriate.
- Ensure all notices and plans are up to date and displayed on the noticeboards.
- Conduct a daily check of the building and report all issues to the Facilities Management.
- Conduct weekly and monthly H&S checks.
- Provide onsite or remote support of internal and external audits.
- Provide Health & Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- Support colleagues with DSE assessments. Allocate equipment where required and escalate specialist equipment requests to the H&S Manager.
- Food Handling – Ensure that the documentation and food stored and disposed of in accordance with the current guidelines.
Facility Security, Emergency and Incident Response
- Collaborate with the building management and any neighbouring business. Ensure any security concerns and local hazards are identified, escalated and appropriate and monitored.
- Liaise with Civica’s Facilities Team to ensure the building is secure and well maintained.
- Liaise with contractors and ensure relevant documentation is completed. Ensure the Permit to work document is completed prior to any works.
- Be fully conversant with Civica’s security and information policies.
- To be responsible to opening up and locking up the office.
Business Centre Coordination
- Run and maintain the Business Centre and Keep it in showcase condition at all times.
- Manage the meeting rooms and the work place booking system effectively – monitoring rooms between meetings and periodically throughout the day. Be fully conversant with all the meeting room technology and be ready to assist where required.
- Meet and greet customers professionally, ensuring that all visitors are issued with the relevant passes, which are signed and accounted for using a daily log. These should be secured when the office is closed.
- Demonstrate politeness and professionalism to colleagues, visitors, and contractors at all times.
- Be responsible for ensuring temporary cover. Conduct a handover prior to planned periods of absence.
- Monitor and respond to emails in a structured, intelligible, and professional manner at all times.
- Maintain stock levels for the breakout areas and stationery, placing orders and checking deliveries.
- Organise, coordinate facility events, and encourage fundraising activities.
- Ensure postage and parcels are correctly weighed, addressed and franked.
- Handle mail in a controlled manner. Ensure that parcel deliveries are cleared immediately from the reception vestibule area.
- Manage the workspace booking system.
- Strong communication skills both face-to-face and written
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Willingness to learn all procedures and processes for running the facility.
- Ability to investigate and analyse.
- Good organisational skills.
- Competent I.T. Skills in MS.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.