25th November 2021
Job Title: Business Analyst (Senior/Mid-level roles)
Location: Home-based + occasional travel to UK customer sites
Do you have a genuine passion for all things “BA”?
Do you have a thirst to learn, to challenge and to help people?
Due to continued success, we are expanding again!
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our diverse multidisciplinary team to help create services for high profile customer programmes, including engagements with local and central government as well as private sector organisations.
We are currently recruiting for Senior/Mid-level Business Analysts, these roles are home based, but will potentially require travel to customer sites. There is also the flexibility to work within one of our hubs in London (Southbank), Bristol (Spectrum Building) or Manchester (Altrincham) as we understand being at home can sometimes get boring.
Reporting into a Lead Business Analyst, the BA responsibilities include:
- Building/maintaining relationships with new and existing clients at all levels of seniority
- Managing expectations of stakeholders throughout the business lifecycle
- Eliciting and documenting client requirements, producing acceptance criteria, and creating user stories that follow a user-centred design approach
- Appreciating the role research plays in developing requirements and services
- Working with the clients to prioritise deliverables and define scope
- Understanding complex processes and translating them into process models
- Creating “As-Is” and “To-Be” process models and undertaking GAP analysis of those models.
- Identifying pain points and opportunities for improving efficiency
- Producing roadmaps, business cases, or implementation plans
- Defining, communicating, and measuring the benefits of business change
- Facilitating communication between developers, designers and clients and mediating any conflicts or misunderstandings that arise
- Leading and contributing to sprint planning, story pointing sessions and supporting stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives
- Preparing bids for work and sales proposals
- Advocating BA practice and awareness of changing trends
- Coaching and supporting junior colleagues
- Identifying relevant stakeholders and SMEs from which to elicit data requirements
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders and SMEs to elicit high-level data requirements
- Facilitating workshops with SMEs and stakeholders to collaboratively create and update conceptual and logical data models
- 3+ years commercial experience in Software Industry, you don’t have to have been doing Business Analysis and this maybe the chance you have been waiting for to make that leap into the realm of Customer Experience.
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive, and energy.
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
- Creative and innovative in the way you work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of Business Analysis methods and applicable techniques.
- Experience using analysis/elicitation techniques (e.g., workshops, interviews, observations etc.).
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.