21st March 2022
Azure Data Solution Architect
Location: Home Based
Job reference: 1827
Skills: Azure core infrastructure, Azure Data Platform, Azure Storage, Azure Data Integration, data modelling,
Data and Analytics is an exciting and growing area of Civica’s business in Central Government, Local Public Services and Regulated Markets, so we’re looking to recruit more talented individuals in this space.
The Data and Analytics practice spans our Consultancy and Professional Services functions. The practice helps clients with all aspects of Data Management, Insight and Analytics from developing their data strategy, through to designing and implementing data-centric solutions to deliver actionable insight.
Our projects are varied and include:
- Defining a client’s analytics strategy
- Preforming maturity assessments and developing analytics technology roadmaps
- Analytics technology assessment and selection
- Designing and implementing data warehouses / business intelligence / analytics solutions
- Designing and implementing data integration and data quality solutions
- Supporting the development of client bids and presentations of proposals
- Work independently or as part of a team to translate business needs into the design of Azure BI/analytics solution architectures for external clients, and internal product teams
- Work as part of a team to develop the overall solution architecture for BI/analytics and data-centric business solutions and industry focused propositions
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for Azure BI / analytics teams, defining standards and practices
- Assist with estimating and planning for projects and bids
- Solution ownership in bids/proposals for Azure based data / analytics solutions
- Undertake project lead architect role for projects confined to Azure analytics products
- Participate in business development providing technical input and meeting with clients to secure new business
- Design and develop proof of concepts and deliver client demonstrations
- This is an excellent opportunity for a BI & Analytics Consultant professional seeking a role working in consultancy for a leading public sector technology partner.
- Azure Core Infrastructure
- Azure Data Platform
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Storage
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Data Integration
- Experience of designing solution architectures comprising Azure data and analytics cloud services, for hybrid and cloud-based analytics solutions
- Experience of delivering data ingestion, pipelines, quality and integration services within hybrid and Azure cloud based deployments
- Experience of delivering data and semantic models for data warehouses, data marts and other analytical stores
- Experience of delivering reporting and data visualisation services and solutions
- Experience of Agile project methodologies
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.