16th May 2022
Job title: Apprentice Software Tester
Location: Hybrid: Altrincham/Remote
Job type: Full time, Apprenticeship
Job Reference: 1932
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Skills: GCSE’s A-C in Maths & English
Are you looking to kickstart your career is Software Testing? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
We’ve opened a new opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate to join our Apprentice Software Tester scheme.
You will be working in a fast paced environment within an experienced team to ensure that our products meet the needs of our customers.
You’ll join our Prescribing team which is an electronic prescribing software which has seen huge amounts of growth this past year.
How will my career develop with Civica?
At the end of the apprenticeship as well as your diploma you will also hold an industry recognised IT certification and have great opportunities for full time employment with Civica. 94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship.
Mohak joined Civica on a Graduate Trainee programme and has equipped him to be industry ready and enhanced his overall skills. – see how his career has developed: Employee Case Study - Mohak Talreja | Civica
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will be excited by the opportunity to start your Testing career within the IT sector, applying previous skills that you have developed. You will also;
- Hold GCSE’s A-C in Maths & English
- A committed attitude to developing a career within the software industry
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of working on your own initiative and within a team environment
- Good analytical skills
- Be organized with an excellent attention to detail
- Be a proactive self-starter and a quick learner
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
Your core responsibilities:
You will receive “on the job training” along with internal training on customer Service skills, time management and managing relationships whilst training to complete the following tasks:
- Working with Product Managers and developers to help define and clarify requirements for new functionality
- Write and run test scripts for new functionality and change requests
- Maintain and run regression test scripts
- Raise defects and verify defect fixes
- Exploratory Testing
- Replicate defects raised by customers during alpha and beta testing
- Liaise with customers during beta test
- Alphatest bug fixes found in live software prior to issuing hotfixes
- Confidence testing of new builds / patches
- Planning work and providing estimates for test effort needed for changes and regression tests
- Help with running performance and load testsProducing internal builds and deploying to test environments
- Write and execute automated tests for new software providing interfaces to our main product
- Contribute to continuous improvements in software quality within Civica.
Training to be Provided:
- Software & Web Development Level 4 Apprenticeships – Level 4 Software Tester | Estio Training
- City & Guilds Certificate in IT Systems and Principles
- C&G Level 4 Diploma in IT Professional Competence.
- MTA in Software Development Fundamentals. OR OCA Java SE7 Programmer
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.