23rd December 2021
Job title: Administrative Support Apprentice (Apprentice / Trainee Level)
Location: Gloucester Office & some home working
Job type: Full time, 24 month initial fixed-term contract, with a view to going permanent
Do you have excellent organisation skills and a passion for business administration? Join us as an Administrative Support Apprentice, where you would be working towards your Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
You will help to deliver the Revenues and Benefits service on behalf of Gloucester City Council. You’ll support and engage with different parts of the Revenues and Benefits Team and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
- You’ll be excited by the opportunity to start your career within Business Administration. You will also;
- Be educated to GCSE level GCSE’s at A*-C or 9-4 including Maths and English.
- Be willing to undergo a criminal record check (disclosure) from the Criminal Records Bureau
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programmes including Outlook, Excel, Word and MS Teams.
- Have the ability to prioritise and work accurately to targets and deadlines.
- Be able to work on own initiative and without the need to be closely supervised.
- Be able to work as part of a team, willing to assist others, but also take responsibility for own work as required.
- Work methodically, accurately and thoroughly, paying close attention to detail.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities:
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making, paying close attention to detail and able to work as part of a team.
Duties to include:
- Receipting and reconciliation of all cheque payments made to Gloucester City Council via the cashiering system
- To ensure all daily correspondence or electronic data is imported into the document management system
- Carrying out all day-to-day administrative activities to include downloading of electronic data, handling outgoing mail electronically and within the office environment
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.