Civica provides an extensive range of business-critical applications and digital solutions designed to streamline and automate daily tasks from front line activities to back office administration and reporting.
2016 Group business highlights:
- Group revenues increased 14% on the previous year to £267.7 million
- Recurring revenues increased 16% to £132.6 million
- UK & Ireland revenues increased 16% to £217.6 million
- Asia Pacific revenues increased 6% to £44.7 million
- North America revenues increased 13% to £5.4 million
- Closing order book increased 10% to £815 million
During the year to 30 September 2016 Civica continued to deliver strong, profitable and cash-generative growth – our 15th consecutive year of growth – while increasing the scale of involvement with customers and extending core capabilities in line with market opportunity.
The Group produced a good performance across our core areas of business-critical software, digital solutions and outsourcing. New wins included our largest contract to date with the Victorian state government in Australia, our largest local government partnership in the UK and the largest sale to date in the USA, demonstrating the ongoing successful execution of the Group’s clear strategy.
During the six months to 31 March 2017, Civica performed in line with management expectations. We continued to build on our successful track record, making good progress across core markets and capabilities.
We enhanced our business through internal developments and acquisition:
- November 2016 launch of a specialist Community Protection unit in Australia to build on global capabilities as well as the landmark Victoria state government contract
- December 2016 acquisition of Abritas, a specialist provider of web-based application software for social housing providers, increasing our capabilities in the sector.
- January 2017 launch of Civica Digital, a newly unified division combining the expertise of recent strategic acquisitions to provide a complete capability in the design, build and management of digital services across both public and private sectors
- More than 50% growth of our team in Vadodara, India, to support the development of Civica’s business internationally
We continued with initiatives to support our team and culture focused on recruiting, developing and retaining people with the skills, ability and motivation to succeed:
- Growth to more than 3,600 employees
- Additions to the management team, including appointment of Chris Doutney as Managing Director of Civica Digital
- Progress with our commitment to employ graduates and apprentices, now 3.5%
- New Learning & Development programmes, including the launch of ‘Inspirational Leadership’, attended by more than 70 of Civica’s management team
We strengthened our established market position with new customer contracts and project deliveries, including more than 90 new wins worth more than £100k and with strong trading for our International business and increased collaboration.
Chambertin Holdings Ltd*
2016 annual report and consolidated financial statements
*Chambertin Holdings Ltd was the ultimate parent company of the Civica Group for the year ended 30th September 2016.