Laying the foundations for high-quality Business Intelligence reporting at DAS
To give its decision-makers greater insights, leading legal expenses insurance company DAS wanted to enhance its Business Intelligence capability. It brought in Enterprise Information Management specialists Civica to lay the technology groundwork and help build a best-of-breed team of BI experts.
Civica built the foundations for an improved Business Intelligence capability by:
- Carrying out a technology assessment, including Data Integration, Data Quality, the Data Warehouse, database server and reporting
- Recommending a best-in-class solution
- Designing and building a proof of concept Data Warehouse
- Creating & upskilling an in-house team to drive the next phases of the project forward
Enabling DAS to:
- Create a ‘single view of the truth’ for their data
- Lay the foundations for high quality intelligence and reporting,, and become self-sufficient in this critical area
- Improve insights and decision making right across the organisation, answering fundamental questions that the business wants to ask, such as ‘How much are our policies costing?’
Civica was an impressive and knowledgeable partner that has enabled us to really kick-start our BI capability. What was particularly impressive was the way they came in to work with us at the very beginning of our BI journey and helped us take great strides in the correct way, following best practice."
Joey Withers, Technical Data Warehouse Manager, DAS