Eastbourne Borough Council digital transformation drives savings of £3m
Digital360 streamlines service delivery & empowers staff with a 360 degree view of citizen
Eastbourne Borough Council’s population of nearly 100,000 is set to grow further as it attracts more students, families and those commuting to London and Brighton. To support growing demand, while addressing budget constraints, Eastbourne embarked on 2 projects to support the transformation of the authority.
The initial project in partnership with Civica and Steria has already delivered immediate savings of £350K per year with a return on investment of £3 million over 10 years. The second phase, in partnership with Civica and Ignite, is a 3 year project to deliver further annual savings of up to £2 million.
- Delivered immediate savings of £350,000 per year with a return on investment of £3 million over 10 years.
- Provides customers with access to services anywhere, anytime and on any device.
- Customer enquiries dealt at first point of contact
- Empowers staff with a 360 degree of the citizen to improve service delivery
- A flexible processing system was required to ensure that staff were able to not only switch between tasks but adopt a more agile approach to working
- Formally recognised (‘Smarter Planning Champion’) by government as one of the top 20 councils in the UK for supporting digital planning applications with over 90% of applications being made online.
I don’t think there are many other authorities who could say that they are still delivering the same and often improved services and faster response times than they were four years ago, whilst delivering cost savings of up to 20% at the same time. Civica and Ignite have taken the time to truly understand the extent of our ambition and have acted as key strategic partners in helping us.”
Henry Branson, Senior Head of Infrastructure, Eastbourne Borough Council