UPM brings efficiency and cost benefits to East Riding Pension Fund
With a membership of more than 103,000, the East Riding Pension Fund looks after four unitary authorities and 250 other local employers. Like all public bodies today, the Fund needs to do more with less. So when the contract with their existing pensions software provider expired four years ago, the Fund went out to tender to see what else was available in the marketplace.
They wanted a solution offering greater flexibility and auditability, reduced administration costs and the ability to bring payroll in-house.
Flexibility, control and cost benefits from an integrated solution
- Improved flexibility and customisation
- Greater control over payroll, reduction in errors and cost-saving from bringing the process in-house
- Higher levels of auditability and transparency
- Improved data quality and devolved responsibility for data accuracy
- Reduced paper-flow improves efficiency
- Cost reduction and reduced need for staff to carry out routine tasks
- Knowledgeable support from Civica staff with deep local government experience
We very quickly realised what a powerful tool UPM was and we wouldn’t want to go back to the old system.”
Paul Hawksworth, The Fund’s Principal Pensions Officer