National environmental body launches permits platform
Organisational changes always produce practical challenges, not least in streamlining legacy IT. These changes often involve the development of new bespoke systems, but the experience of Natural Resources Wales (NRW) shows that off-the-shelf software can produce a common platform that is equally effective and less expensive.
NRW uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM to manage multiple permitting processes, including waste handling and water extraction.
- Creates a single view of permitting activity across Wales
- Provides better quality data to support a risk-based approach to regulation
- Delivers serious cost savings from the cloud
- Lays the ground for more automated interactions with customers
- Provides an easy interface between Microsoft Dynamics and Office365
- Supports mobile and flexible working
The project has delivered what we needed, when we needed it with a minimum amount of fuss.”
Richard Frost, CRM Project Manager, Natural Resources Wales