Test Engineer - Bath
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Civica Digital requires a Test Engineer to be responsible for all day-to-day manual testing of prioritised change delivered through the development lifecycle. The test engineer will play a key role in shaping the testing practices and ensuring quality is at the heart of the product, as per the company ethos. Working as an integrated member of the team you will be interfacing with developers, business analysts and the business to ensure development work meets specifications and is delivered to the highest quality within the project timelines
- Work collaboratively as an integrated member of the team
- Participate with the team in planning, reviews and post project lessons learned
- Provide test estimation input to the estimation meetings
- Understand business requirements and specifications/acceptance criteria and define test conditions
- Design acceptance tests under own direction, using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications/acceptance criteria
- Define test techniques and coverage for testing of requirements.
- Execute, record and analyse test results, identify and report defects, issues and risks associated with own work
- Produce/update regression test packs to test new and amended software or services
- Identify areas for testing improvement and work with the team to implement appropriate practices
- Ensure the Civica Digital development life-cycle and standards are followed
- Commitment to produce high-quality work.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and proven team-working ability.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies and new skills.
- A problem solver who loves technical challenges.
- An interest in bridging the gap between technology and business.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle.
- Understands the importance of standards and quality procedures.
- Ideally experience of working with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ideally ISEB or ISTQB qualified.
- 4 - 10 years demonstrable experience of application testing and familiarity with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
Rally or similar