Test Analyst - Bristol
Location: Bristol. Some travel to Bath, Woking and Hammersmith may be required
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Bristol Office We require a Test Analyst to perform test delivery activities on an allocated project or work-streams. Taking responsibility for allocated test deliverables, performing analysis activities during test preparation and test execution including recording the results and reporting issues through the agreed defect management process.
- Ensure all personally produced test deliverables meet with the Civica Test Policy and Civica Test Framework
- Validation and verification of test inputs, functional specifications, requirements etc. for testability, ambiguity and completeness
- Produce test artefacts, Test Cases, Expected Results, Actual Results, Defects, Data, Defect Re-tests and Test Outcome Reports
- Manage the quality aspects of testing work and provide peer review of the testing artefacts produced by others in the testing team
- Provide accurate and concise process updates Senior Tester / Product Owner / Project Manager
- Assess and document any risks or issues that threaten the achievement of the testing deliverables
- Able to execute manual tests and automated tests within the automation frameworks
- Actively seek process improvements and efficiencies
- Act as a role model, mentor and coach to Junior Testers
- Provide input to the Test Planning and Estimating test phases
- Deputise for the Senior Tester
- Provide accurate timely reporting information on progress, risks and issues
- Build collaborative relationships within the Civica Group both internally and externally to the testing team and with partners
- Ensure that effective communication is maintained with team members on the same or related projects / product teams to build common goals and avoid misunderstandings
- Continued liaison with the project / product teams, Project Managers, Product Owner, Business Analysts, Developers and Business Areas.
- Champion the testing profession
- Strong well developed testing skills and in-depth knowledge of current testing techniques across the test phases
- System Testing
- Systems Integration
- Understanding of The Civica Test Policy, The Civica Test Framework and associated standards
- Good communication skills, able to interpret technical information and negotiate with the Development and Analysis teams for issue resolution
- SQL with an understanding of relational databases.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Team Services / TFS / Microsoft Test Manager.
- Web servers: IIS / Apache
- Agile – Scrum
- Object orientated programming language familiarity (ideally c#, but an understanding of any oo language would be a bonus; java, c++, Python, Ruby, Perl etc).
- ISEB / ISTQB – Foundation Qualified
- Knowledge of Test Automation Tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Test Manager