Technical Operations Engineer - Leeds
Technical Operations Engineer
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Leeds Office we require a Technical Operations Engineer to be responsible for proactive monitoring, maintenance, patching, administration and backups
- Proactive infrastructure monitoring (with SCOM) and backup supervision and monitoring (with CommVault, DPM and VEEAM) across all customer estates
- Proactive maintenance of solutions across all customer estates
- Site visits to data centre and customer premises as necessary
- Provision of out of hours (weekend and evening) support via home VPN on a rota basis.
- Follow approved procedures regarding change control and documentation standards.
- Development of customer and third party relationships
- Support colleagues in the Service Centre teams to make sure that reported issues are resolved within SLA’s.
- Coach and mentor fellow team members to spread skills and knowledge in all aspects of the technical solutions managed by the Technology Centre.
- Update Software Image builds in line with customer solutions to make sure patching is up to date on new builds.
- Will undertake Capacity Planning activities from inception through to the production of regular monthly reports and presentation of any service impacting results in line with ITIL best practice
- Responsible for planning and executing the internal and customer facing DR tests, including the updating of the DR plans and documentation
- Experience in administrating an enterprise environment…
- Windows Server based systems including DNS, DHCP, IIS, NPS, RDS, DFS, Hyper-V
- Active Directory with multiple forests and forests with multiple domains
- Microsoft Application Servers (i.e. Exchange, Lync, SharePoint SQL Server)
- Cloud platforms (i.e. Azure / AWS)
- VMware and similar virtualisation technologies
- XEN Desktop / Citrix VDI Technologies
- Resilient systems, both locally and geographically
- Monitoring and deployment tools
- AD Resource Forest models
- Enterprise grade server and storage hardware
- Virtualization principles & technologies
- Proxying (Forward and Reverse)
- Disaster recovery technologies/ methodologies
- Networking principles
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing IT support or administration services, with at least 2 years at a similar level
- Current driving license, with a road legal vehicle and prepared to travel throughout the UK
- Excellent customer facing skills and a desire to deliver correctly first time.
- Put current processes to the test and think of a better way; document the process and utilise
- Able to clear Security Clearance (SC or above)
Experience in administrating:
- MS Office Communications Server 2007/2010 & MS Lync server
- ESXi 4.0/5.0 VSphere / 5.1 / 5.5
- VMWare Infrastructure administration
- SAN and Clustering technologies (Dell and HP SANs)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 / 2010 / 2013
- Exposure and basic working knowledge supporting LANs/WLANs built around Cisco hardware
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems (in both low and high latency environments)
- Knowledge of Telephony and working with suppliers regarding POTS, ISDN and VoIP circuits
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- MCP / MCSE certification desirable
- Networks experience (HP, Huawei switches) desirable
- Qualifications in ITIL