Solutions Architect – Hammersmith
Solutions Architect – Hammersmith
Closing date for application: 31/08/17
Civica Digital requires a Solutions Architect to act as the design authority for medium to large projects, multiple projects and programmes, and have accountability for their solution architecture
Civica Digital provides organisations which deliver essential services with complete digital solutions, from strategy consulting and solution design to software development and ongoing managed services. With in-depth business and technology know-how founded on creating secure business-critical systems, Civica’s user-centred approach means we start with customer needs, putting insights, data and strategic thinking in the driving seat
- With overall design authority on medium to large projects, multiple projects or programme, provides expert knowledge on the development of their solution architectures.
- When necessary oversees other architects to deliver the above.
- Elicits the requirements for systems, establishing appropriate architectures and technologies to meet requirements, leading on the design and documentation of the main components.
- Ensures the architecture addresses the concerns of all stakeholders.
- Reconciles conflicting concerns of different stakeholders.
- Provide input to bids and proposals.
- Maintains a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
- Provides expert knowledge for major aspects of the development of solution architectures within the organisation.
- Takes full responsibility for the solution architecture, service quality and systems management requirements within a project or programme.
- Advises on all aspects of the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring compliance with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Participates in pre-sales meetings, demonstrations and proposals leading to new work.
- Co-ordinates design activities, promoting discipline to ensure consistency across multiple projects or programmes.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrating strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Relevant software or systems related qualifications.
- Industry recognised certifications (e.g. Microsoft)
- Extensive experience of architecting solutions involving one or more of the following specialisms:
o Java or .Net frameworks.
o Cloud (AWS or Azure).
o Web Development.
o Mobile development, iOS, Android, Windows mobile.
o User oriented design.
o Application Security.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycles, tools and methods.
- Technical background in the development if quality centric software solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in the technical mentoring of a team.
- Improves working practices within the project and company as a whole.
- Keeps up to date with the latest industry developments and techniques.
- Proven capabilities in estimation and planning
- Varied skills across a broad range of development technologies and methodologies.
- Approachable and friendly manner that encourages openness from staff.
- Interested in staff training and development.
- Good commercial awareness
- Commitment to produce high-quality work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.