Senior Technical Services Engineer - Leeds
Senior Technical Services Engineer
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Leeds Office we require a Senior Technical Services Engineer to be responsible for designing, implementing & provisioning infrastructure solutions for hosted and remotely supported customers.
- Be responsible for providing senior and strategic input into the provision of design, implementation and support activities across our Customer base
- Design and implement new solutions into Civica & 3rd party datacentres.
- Carry out design reviews and enhance processes to provide faster ‘to market’ provisions and more cost-efficient designs.
- Act as Technical Authority / Solution Lead for key Civica accounts providing strategic and technology road maps in conjunction with Service Delivery.
- Enhance existing solutions as part of Service Transformation reviews
- Act as Technical Authority and Subject Matter Expert for a range of technology solutions.
- Provide Pre-Sales technical input to bids, tenders and quotations.
- Work on project based tasks, including provisioning of new virtual and physical environments.
- Follow approved procedures with regards to change control and documentation standards.
- Provide of out of hours’ escalation (weekend and evening) support via home VPN on a rota basis.
- Car out site visits to data centre and Customer premises as part of solution design/commission.
- Liaise with Civica business units and 3rd parties to ensure a seamless support service.
- Develop Customer relationships to enhance Customer experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of cloud and hybrid datacentre designs, environments and infrastructure.
- Authoritative in technical architecture design.
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 solution design.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 solution design
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013 solution design
- VMware Infrastructure solution design.
- Storage technology competence and solution design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Customer focused and capable of presenting to any level within the organisation.
- Ability to manage & plan deployments to teams of technical engineers to lead the delivery of the solution to the Customer
- Be the single point of reference for the Customer solution
- Citrix Xenapp 5.0 – 7.x solution design
- VDI solution design (Citrix Preferred)
- Experience of Unix/Linux
- Experience of CommVault backup technologies
- Experience of Compellent & NetApp SAN technologies