Senior Software Engineer - Bath
Senior Software Engineer
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Civica Digital requires a Senior Software Engineer to work within our Bath Office
- Design, code and test simple high-level items downwards.
- Assist with system integration.
- Technically supervise up to 3 less experienced staff.
- Check the technical work of peers and less experienced staff.
- Estimate and plan own work within a short time frame (up to 1 month).
- Apply the required standards and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of own work and ensure that standards and procedures are correctly applied by supervised staff.
- Report on progress (own and supervised staff) and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Help identify skills gaps.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of project standards and working practices
- Ability to design; code and test mid-level items efficiently and with low defect rates.
- Ability to accurately estimate and plan own work.
- Effectively present technical problems and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Good understanding of computing concepts and practice, preferably with practical experience of more than one technology.
- Good knowledge of varied software development tools, methods and technologies.
- Good experience of all aspects of the full software lifecycle.
- 4+ year’s professional experience in some of the following, with specialist knowledge of either .NET or Java frameworks:
o Entity Framework
- Web technologies
o HTML and CSS
- Commitment to produce high- quality work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator.