Senior Network Operations Engineer - Leeds
Senior Network Operations Engineer
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Leeds Office we require a Senior Network Operations Engineer to deliver projects, consultancy and technical support to a high standard across hosted and wide-area connected customers as part of a Managed Service offering.
- Design, implement and support customer solutions into the datacentre infrastructure
- Design, implement and support customer WAN solutions utilising MPLS technology
- Maintain 100% uptime of network infrastructure and customer solutions
- Assist with the on-going development of the core network strategy
- Assist with the on-going development of the datacentre strategy
- Assist with the on-going development of the Network Operations team
- Investigate and resolve support logs in a timely manner
- Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service desk and Support areas.
- Manage, meet and maintain service levels, where appropriate providing input to other teams or team members, where necessary taking ownership of and managing problems.
- Ensure known issues and routine tasks are being managed and documented in order they can be dispensed at first line to increase first line resolution rates.
- Manage or act as central point of contact for incidents escalated from service desk or second line to Senior Technical Specialists.
- Expert knowledge of company processes, procedures and systems.
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas.
- Maintain progress on a number of projects and disciplines simultaneously.
- Provide support as part of the 24x7 out of hour’s rota.
- Be available to provide remote or onsite service for implementations and migrations, both in and out of core hours.
- Provide backup to support team as required in times of absence, major incidents and high demand.
- Provide technical pre-sales assistance, assisting in recommending solutions to the customers and sales teams.
- Minimum CCSP/CCNP/CCIP with demonstrable experience
- Expert knowledge of Cisco router, switch and security products gained working within a service provider environment
- ASA firewalls ideally with FirePOWER experience
- Expert knowledge of Cisco IOS via a command line
- Expert knowledge of IP networks and fault-finding
- Expert knowledge of VTP, Spanning-Tree, VLANs, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Knowledge of Cisco (or equivalent) third-party management and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of F5 load-balancer products
- Knowledge of working with high-security and high-availability solutions
- Knowledge of VOIP and QoS/CoS
- Knowledge of networking within VMWare, Microsoft and Linux platforms
- Experience with dealing with third-party telco providers
- CCDA or demonstrable solution design experience