Project Manager - Bath
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Civica Digital requires a Project Manager to manage a number of small projects or one large project within the Delivery business unit. The Project Manager will have complete responsibility for the successful delivery of those projects, including direct line management of project team members. The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering those projects to the agreed constraints reporting directly to the Delivery Director or the delegated Programme Delivery Manager as appropriate.
- Planning and management of a number of small projects or one large project
- Delivery of the projects to the agreed cost, time, scope, quality and security constraints
- Regular monitoring and reporting against defined project plans, both to Civica Digital and end customer stakeholders
- Management of project risks and issues
- Responsibility for the day-to-day supervision, and motivation of project staff
- Provision of performance related feedback for project staff
- Management of change, including accountability for estimation of cost, timescale and resource impact
- Management of the transition of projects into the Services business unit where appropriate
- Managing new project bids and proposals where required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, demonstrating strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Certified PRINCE2 practitioner, Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent practical experience of project management
- Other relevant qualifications or certifications, e.g. Scrum Master, ITIL Foundation or above, MOR.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and delivering IT projects.
- Good knowledge of generic project life cycle processes as defined by industry best practice.
- Good knowledge and experience of defining, planning and controlling scope.
- Good experience of project scheduling, using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of Quality Planning, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Demonstrable ability to identify and clearly define specific roles, responsibilities and skills required for projects.
- Good experience of identifying and managing risks and issues.
- Knowledge and experience of estimating techniques.
- Understanding of project financial management and reporting including labour, non-labour, subcontract, contingency, WIP, estimate at completion.
- Experience of managing a range of different project size and types (e.g. Waterfall/Agile), across a range of technologies and customer sectors
- Approachable and motivational character.
- Commands respect among peers and managers.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills whether verbally, written or presentational.
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to generate follow-on business.
- Good understanding of finance (e.g. EBITDA, cash-flow, payment milestones).
- Understanding of health and safety, and employment law.
- Developing the ability to generate follow-on business.
- Good understanding of project delivery and business standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 27001).
- Demonstrable ability to generate follow-on business.
- Developing ability to manage challenging situations and behaviours (involving customers and team members).
- Developing ability to mentor and lead team members.
- Good understanding of software development standards (e.g. TickIT, IEEE).