People Consultant - Leeds
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Leeds Office we require a People Consultant to Act as HR support to locations and business units on an operational basis providing support strategically where required and in conjunction with the Principal People and OD Consultants
- Advise, guide and support line managers in the relevant locations and business areas on the application of key HR policies including performance, disciplinary, sickness, grievance, appraisal, recruitment and selection and change management ensuring that legislation, policy and best practice are adhered to.
- Participate in all formal HR processes including disciplinaries, grievances and all consultation processes
- Work in conjunction with the Principal HR Consultants to support TUPE and acquisition processes supporting on integration as and where relevant.
- Support line managers in recruitment and selection (including graduate and apprentice recruitment) up to Manager level ensuring that best practice is followed and Civica’s values are adhered to.
- Be responsible for reviewing and writing of Civica’s HR policies in ensuring they reflect current legislation and best practice in tackling the cause of issues.
- Deliver excellent problem solving skills in understanding the implications of various issues and situations in delivering credible solutions on operational issues.
- Process workforce information to identify trends in performance and behaviour, including turnover, absenteeism, vacancy rates while raising line manager awareness.
- Understand wider operational priorities and how HR can support these/impact on these i.e. absenteeism, costs, performance etc.
- To implement and deliver training (where appropriate) in conjunction with the learning and development team on key HR policies including performance, conduct, sickness, grievance, appraisal, recruitment and change management.
- Work alongside Principal HR Consultants to identify priority training needs from appraisals and supervisions in ensuring these are addressed and followed through in development plans.
- Support employee engagement through change management initiatives
- Support, and where appropriate, lead ad-hoc projects that benefit either the whole business or individual business areas
- Where appropriate, develop and maintain a positive relationship with Trade Union representatives
- Work with Business Units to create a culture of customer excellence and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with and support other HR Consultants on projects and different locations and business areas as and when required.
- Support the HR administration team as and when required
- Excellent team player with ability to work in a matrix environment and support other team members to achieve their goals
- Shares their individual knowledge with the team and understands what makes a great team.
- Wide range of operational HR skills including all employee relations areas, recruitment, and, ideally, TUPE and acquisitions. Some experience in dealing with trade unions is preferable.
- Able to manage several operational issues at once whilst ensuring that each project is delivered to Civica’s requirements.
- Works towards a “One Company” vision ensuring that decisions made are in line with the wider Civica values
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen with a strong understanding of Civica’s markets and competitors.
- Proven ability to provide advice on HR Policies and Procedures
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Pro-active and able to prioritise workload effectively
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships and work across a wide range of contacts
- IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of HR and IT systems
- Good written skills including report writing
- Good up to date knowledge of employment legislation including TUPE
- Strong and confident communications skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- Has fun within the team and in their work
- Full driving license (or willingness to obtain one) & willingness to travel
- Educated to CIPD level 5 or equivalent
- Experience of working in all areas of HR