Lead Software Support Engineer - Vadodara - India
Lead Software Support Engineer
Location: Vadodara - India
Closing date for application: 31/08/17
We require a Lead Software Support Engineer to join our team in Vadodara, India, to be responsible for the dedicated resources within Managed Services that provide 2nd level diagnosis and resolutions to the technical issues and changes raised by specific clients.
- Ensuring clients SLAs are being met, checks are in place to identify any concerns quickly and remedial actions are put in place to make sure the service improves quickly.
- Reporting is in place to monitor the service showing trends on KPIs and SLAs
- Ensure Application Support Analysts (ASA) work is reviewed, actions identified and agreed where appropriate to improve the quality of service from each individual.
- The teams are staffed appropriately for their current and future needs. Future staff requirements are investigated and proposals put forward to get any additional resources approved ahead of their need for the business.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained for each of the client applications they support.
- Ensure all staff are thoroughly knowledgeable of our processes and they follow them appropriately.
- Staff reviews are held twice a year to provide feedback on performance and assist in their development.
- All dedicated staff have the appropriate security clearance in place and new staff have a plan to achieve this.
- Be an escalation point for your team
- Forward planning is in place for resourcing all supported client applications, liaising with the Resource Manager and Service Delivery Managers.
- Ensure there is daily monitoring and follow-up on open incidents in place so that all progress at the appropriate speed and meet their SLA.
- Processes are regularly reviewed, improvements identified and proposed or put in place.
- All staff have access to and add/update relevant client specific information, they are aware of this information and use it appropriately
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience of delivering services within an SLA framework
- Excellent team working and interpersonal communication skills
- ITIL Foundation and Practitioner
- Experience of working with ITIL processes within an organisation
- Technical background in application support, maintenance and management
- Innovative, flexible self-starter with excellent analytical skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proactive personality and able to work autonomously
- Good team player and collaborative
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience of managing clients in a Software Application Service Delivery environment
- Intellectually strong with an excellent academic record