Junior PHP Developer - Hammersmith
Junior PHP Developer
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Civica Digital requires a Junior PHP Developer work within the managed services offering. Managed Services supports and maintains several existing applications across a range of technologies and are looking for a talented PHP Developer to join the team.
- Consult, investigate and resolve tickets raised by the service desk.
- Suggests service improvements and proactively action improvements.
- Respond to and solve tickets within the agreed Service Level Agreements
- Adhere to the technical strategy dictated by the lead consultant/architect for any given solution.
- Develop solutions in a scalable and maintainable manner.
- Support peers in continuing to keep a productive culture within the development team.
- Provide input into proposals, white papers, service plans, and process documentation.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and use this to contribute to the development of the team and the company capability as a whole.
- Natural Problem Solver
- Excellent knowledge of advanced Object Orientated Programming in PHP
- Understanding of MVC frameworks (Laravel 4.x preferred)
- Experience and understanding of MySQL including optimising existing queries.
- Demonstrable ability to investigate, understand and support legacy code
- Good knowledge of CSS3/HTML5
- Excellent source control experience (Git 1.7+)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including explaining complex system components in a client friendly manner
- Experience of working in an Agile development team
- Test Driven Development understanding (TDD) using PHPUnit
- Dependency management knowledge (Composer, bower, gulp, grunt, etc.)
- Virtualisation (Vagrant, Puppet, etc.)
- Understanding of programming patterns and practice
- Experience designing, developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- PSR code compliance
- Knowledge of ITIL support model and processes