Infrastructure Tester - Hammersmith
Location: Hammersmith, London
Closing date for application: 31/10/17
Civica Digital requires an Infrastructure Tester to join the team delivering the monitoring and alerting component of a large multi-supplier programme for a UK Central Government department. You will be comfortable working in a lead test role and be confident in the full testing lifecycle for both functional and non-functional testing. You’ll also refine the testing process and test infrastructure as required to ensure a quality product is delivered on every release.
- You will be expected to create test plans, execute test cases and provide confirmation that Acceptance Criteria have been met before independent verification by the client.
- Review Requirements and Design Documents to determine the scope of testing.
- Produce Test Plans, scoping the testing to be performed at a high level.
- Create Test Scripts to implement Test Plans.
- Manually run tests and gather test evidence.
- Produce a Test Completion Report, summarising the testing performed.
- Participate in informal and formal reviews of the above.
- Continually refine and improve the testing process and test environment.
- 5+ years of experience of manual testing and using automated test tools.
- In depth knowledge of Infrastructure testing, Function testing, Integration testing and Operational Acceptance testing
- Atlassian toolset experience – JIRA, Confluence
- Experienced using GIT as a content repository.
- ISTQB Testing Qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of the agile delivery cycle with experience of working in an agile environment.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance to SC level and have been a UK resident for 5 years continuously
- Confident communicator with clients, peers and senior level.
- Experienced in creating client facing documentation to support testing.
- Committed to produce work of high quality.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- SC level security clearance
- Awareness of application monitoring solutions (for example Sensu).
- Awareness of log aggregation and analysis tools (for example Logstash, elasticsearch etc).
- Previous experience in managing and maintaining Windows or Unix / Linux environments
- Experience of working with clients in the UK Public Sector.