Head of Solutions - Leeds
Head of Solutions
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Leeds Office we require a Head of Solutions lead the Solutions business of the Technology Centre and to be responsible for creation and maintenance of Technology Centres portfolio of products and services
- The incumbent will work closely with other “Heads of” within the Service Delivery Platform and the Enterprise Architects driving the Technology Centre strategy and direction based on the needs of our customers and internal teams.
- This role will be leading a team of highly skilled professionals who will be working closely with the sales and technical teams across Civica to deliver best practice, leading edge solutions to our customers.
- The Solutions team will also support the Operations and Projects team - leading, coaching, mentoring, documenting and training staff in best practice and technical knowledge.
- Lead and manage a team of highly skilled IT professionals, performing one-2-ones, appraisals, pay reviews, training plans, coaching and mentoring.
- Provide forecasts on the resources required to fulfil obligations to customers and the Civica Group
- Be accountable for the planning, scheduling and control of the solutions team resource
- Be the product owner for several of the products used by the Technology Centre and wider Civica Group (for instance the ITSM toolset)
- Own the roadmap for products and services used within and delivered by the Technology Centre.
- Responsible for their team creating designs that embrace automation and minimise maintenance for the efficient delivery of ongoing services.
- Plan the future resource requirements, working closely with the Civica sales team on predicting the resource and technical requirements based on the sales pipeline.
- Determine the operational, technical, tactical, and training requirements of the Solutions team
- Highlight any resource shortfalls, and develop a strategy for resolving resource conflicts.
- Be key member of the CTC management team, helping advise on future budgetary and technology requirements
- Review and provide input to the policies and standard operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and drives through changes required for continuous improvement for delivery of services
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Support the Operations and Projects teams in planning large implementations
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an IT position of comparable complexity
- Strong people and leadership skills
- A broad range of technical knowledge.
- High attention to detail and able to work quickly and accurately to plan resources.
- High level of organisational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to display a level of gravitas that gives customers and senior members of Civica a high level of confidence in the design and delivery of their solutions.
- Able to communicate complex solutions in a variety of forms suited to the levels of expertise within the intended audience.
- An appetite for continuous improvement and the development of practical process and procedures that support the business
- Proven track record and experience of successful management of technical teams including career development, performance feedback and evaluation.
- Experience of working within security and quality frameworks – ISO27001, 22301, 20000, PCI-DSS, N3, PSN
- Experience of negotiating commercial terms as well as technical terms/requirements to ensure the best balance between cost and technology is achieved.
- Experience of project scoping and definition, including costing
- Consultative mindset / approach.