DevOps Engineer - Hammersmith
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Civica Digital requires a requires a DevOps specialist will join a team managing Linux based platforms for UK Central Government departments. You will be responsible for design and implementation of new platforms and for providing 3rd line support for existing platforms.
The role requires good knowledge of RHEL (or CentOS), network services (such as mail servers, directory servers and web servers, etc.), configuration management tools, monitoring tools, and development skills. The role also requires experience of designing Linux based platforms
- Design and implementation of new Linux based platforms.
- Provide 3rd line support for existing platforms.
- Design and implement planned improvements for existing platforms
- Provide technical guidance to other Support Engineers and Developers.
- Develop automation tools for system administration.
- Contribute to technical documentation for platforms
- Expert Knowledge of RHEL or CentOS
- Good knowledge of configuration management utilities, especially Chef and/or Ansible.
- Expert knowledge of the following network services: HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, LDAP, DNS, NTP
- Knowledge of VMware or other virtualization technologies.
- Proficient in Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of at least one of: Java, Groovy, Ruby
- Knowledge of platform monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge of version control software (Git, Mercurial, etc.).
- Knowledge of Java-based web application servers.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- General networking knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
- Experience with ServerSpec or Chef InSpec.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix or Sensu
- Experience of continuous integration with TeamCity, Jenkins, or other software.
- Experience of High Availability Design, and associated tools
- Experience of software development practices (Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Good knowledge of Apache HTTPD and NGINX
- Knowledge of web services (RESTful and SOAP).
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering