Business Analyst – Woking
Business Analyst – Woking
Closing date for application: 31/07/17
Civica Digital requires a Business Analyst to take the lead for Business Analysis assignments on small (simple) to medium (moderately complex) projects, and within the Business Analysis Practice.
Civica Digital provides organisations which deliver essential services with complete digital solutions, from strategy consulting and solution design to software development and ongoing managed services. With in-depth business and technology know-how founded on creating secure business-critical systems, Civica’s user-centred approach means we start with customer needs, putting insights, data and strategic thinking in the driving seat
- Investigation of business situations.
- To understand the organisation’s (client’s) direction, structure and strategic objectives.
- Identifying and communicating ways to improve business process, practice and systems.
- Support and contribute to the development of key Business Analysis deliverables, e.g. business case, project initiation document and business blueprint along with the Sponsor, Project Manager and relevant project/subject matter experts.
- Translate the benefits plan and business case into specific project objectives with the support of the Project/Programme Manager.
- Facilitate the identification, documentation, and communication of change objectives, needs and requirements.
- Evaluate business/solution options and present recommendations.
- Requirements management (general, technical, functional, non-functional) for the selected options.
- Modelling and mapping of business processes.
- Represent the business interests throughout the project including delivery and acceptance.
- Impact assess business requirement, process and design changes.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the BA Practice and project standards and working practises.
- Degree, or equivalent level professional certification/ qualification.
- Experience of presenting business problems, processes, and requirements verbally and in writing.
- Experience of interacting with customers at user, and management levels
- Experience of working within a target implementation.
- Experience of more than one business domain with a broad understanding of information technology, computing concepts and practice
- Passion for a career in Business Analysis
- High degree of literacy.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Highly effective communicator (verbal, written, listening).
- Elementary understanding of strategy and business commercials and risks.
- Elementary knowledge of/skill in negotiation and conflict management.
- Elementary knowledge of/skill in project planning processes and techniques.
- Elementary knowledge of project methodology.
- Elementary knowledge of/skill in logical data modelling.
- Elementary knowledge of potential sources of risk and their impact on requirements engineering.
- Elementary level knowledge of/ skill in systems modelling and development.
- Intermediate knowledge of/skill in requirements management (facilitation, definition, tracing, auditing and validation).
- Intermediate understanding of IT enabled business change.
- Intermediate knowledge/skill in of business analysis, requirements engineering and structured analysis.
- Intermediate knowledge of/skill in business process mapping, re-engineering and organisational context.
- Intermediate knowledge/skill in of testing methodologies and end user support structures.
- Intermediate stakeholder management skills.
- Intermediate ability to detect and resolve problems.
- Intermediate level quality assurance skills.
- High level critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-managing with ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively, manage risks and issues (escalating where necessary) and to work independently or as part of a wider project team.
- Understand the components of running a fiscally successful project, the project lifecycle and associated governance processes.
- Demonstrable ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognises when issues/events may affect delivery.