Bid & Presales Consultant - Woking
Bid & Presales Consultant
Closing date for application: 31/7/17
Working within our Woking Office we require a Bid & Presales Consultant to support the sales team in relation to providing Application management; Application migration Data migration, consolidation and analytics and Secure Collaboration/Secure Working solutions for external clients.
- Support the sales team in developing and winning new business as well as retaining and upgrading existing clients.
- Work alongside Bid Managers taking a leading role in the creation of compelling bids and tenders, working with specialist resources to originate technical content.
- Be a key figure in client meetings and presentations and be able to field questions on a broad range of topics.
- Assist in the creation and update of internal documentation and marketing content.
The successful candidate will come from a Sales, Pre-Sales, Solution Consultant, or Technical Consultant background and you will have worked on multiple successful bids in the public or private sector. The individual will be:
- Adept at reviewing and summarising client requirements, helping the sales lead to develop a win strategy and ensuring this is reflected in any outputs.
- Able to identify key information on the requirement, establishing what the client is aiming to achieve and the outputs they expect.
- Have a keen eye for detail and an ability to infer requirements that are not explicitly stated.
- Experience of working in large bid teams and coordinating responses from multiple contributors to develop a consistent whole.
- Able to abstract complex technical concepts such that they present business values to stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to communicate technical solutions in both written and presented formats, to stakeholders from operational to C Level.
- Confident in using their understanding of the client’s business and technical requirements to guide and support the technical resources engaged in any bid.
- The role will require the individual to build an understanding of a broad set of technologies, processes, and frameworks and so the ability to rapidly learn and understand will be a crucial skill.
Candidates must be eligible to apply for SC clearance which requires 5 years’ consecutive residency in the UK.