Automation Engineer - Hammersmith
Location: Hammersmith, London
Closing date for application: 31/10/17
Civica Digital requires an experienced Automation Engineer to build test automation capability within the organization and lead the successful delivery of test automation for individual projects and products.
Taking responsibility for test automation activities from the initial planning and estimating, through to the delivery of the solution, providing expert testing input to the overall planning, estimating, monitoring and control of the delivery.
Driving continuous improvement to increase product quality and achieve Civica Group business targets.
- Develop, create and maintain automated tests
- Translate business and technical requirements into comprehensive automatable scenarios and frameworks.
- Evaluate existing manual test cases and identify opportunities for automation.
- Run investigations into root-cause analysis of failures, hardware or software, using the appropriate tools and recommend solutions to the relevant teams for resolution.
- Manage the production, quality and accuracy of all relevant test artefacts and ensure that these adhere to the Civica Test Policy
- Produce test artefacts, Test Cases, Expected Results, Actual Results, Defects, Data, Defect Re-tests and Test Outcome Reports
- Provide accurate and concise process updates
- Assess and document any risks or issues that threaten the achievement of the testing deliverables
- Actively seek process improvements and efficiencies
- Provide input to the Test Planning and Estimating test phases
- Deputise for the Test Automation Lead
- Solid experience of writing automated tests.
- Experience of a variety of test automation tools Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Capybara, Ruby
- Knowledge of working with automation and testing tools particularly Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Capybara, and preferably with Ruby
- Good knowledge and experience of Restful API Testing and JSON
- Good understanding of database queries
- Strong knowledge of Agile and able to convey the value of Agile to others.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration preferably TeamCity
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Good communication skills, able to interpret technical information and negotiate with the Development and Analysis teams for issue resolution
- Demonstrate initiative in developing solutions to problems encountered during testing