Apprentice Business Administrator - Yeovil
Apprentice Business Administrator - 13 Month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date for application: 30/6/17
Working within our Yeovil Office we require an Apprentice Business Administrator to carry out administrative duties and provide support to the employees based in the Civica Yeovil office, and assist in the organisation, delivery and continuous improvement of events whilst completing the Business Apprenticeship Qualification.
- Answer and direct as appropriate telephone calls made to the general Yeovil office telephone number.
- Answer and direct as appropriate telephone calls made to the service desk if calls overflow. Greet visitors of both client and supplier organisations and direct them to the appropriate staff member as required.
- Act as the office Health & Safety representative, working with the central team to ensure that processes are followed and obligations are met.
- Act as a first aid and fire marshal representative.
- Ensure that the office supplies are stocked as required.
- Arrange maintenance of office equipment with designated suppliers.
- Handle and facilitate the transportation of incoming and outgoing post.
- Assist with lunch orders, office room and hotel bookings as appropriate.
- Update and distribute office documentation as required.
- Provide task based support to the Sales, Marketing, Service Delivery, Support and Development teams as appropriate.
- Assist with the organisation of office events and associated activities.
- Manage petty cash supplies
- 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths, English and ICT.
- A Levels or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Take responsibility for principle accountabilities and be willing to expand responsibilities where capacity allows.
- Understand the need and importance of choosing appropriate styles and techniques based on the situation.
- Contribute suggestions for improvements and adopt a positive approach.
- Deliver messages effectively and confidently.
- Engage with teams across the business.
- Office administration experience
Must be willing to undertake DBS check