Bringing speed and efficiency to library operations
More than 1,500 libraries, multimedia collections and archives around the world use Spydus to help them operate more quickly, accurately and professionally.
By automating a range of processes — including inter-library loans, stock rotation and lending — Spydus streamlines the complete range of library functions, providing workflow automation for staff and a seamless experience for library users.
Why choose Spydus library management:
Comprehensively manages all resources, libraries, archives, digital content and events from a single database
Flexible consortium options enable customers to make savings on resources and operational costs
Personalised interface empowers user to self-serve for loans, access to third-party databases and event bookings - extending service availability, whilst reducing staff workload
A complete solution for library management
Spydus automates a complete range of library functions and is fully customisable to meet the needs of libraries of all types and sizes. Our customers include large consortia, public and government libraries, schools and higher education institutions.
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Award-winning search and retrieval engine
- Personalised borrower recommendations
- Quick and easy access via web browsers from any device
- Access library catalogues, electronic resources and patron information
- Full range of advanced search features
- Provides full patron record access via a single interface
- Supports complex enquiries from a single service point
- Reduces enquiry time and increases customer satisfaction
- Creates clean, efficient catalogue records
- Supports multiple language pathways
- Automates the purchasing process
- Supports ordering, invoicing, fund management and reporting from multiple suppliers
- Includes an electronic ordering system to reduce workloads
- Automates labour-intensive checkout tasks to improve customer service
- Enhances item security and customer privacy
- Increases customer satisfaction by reducing waiting times
- Manages serials in a familiar Microsoft Windows environment
- Manages check-in, routing, claiming and renewals
- Integrates seamlessly with Spydus Staff Enquiry modules
- Web-based enquiry interface with fully configurable access points
- Enables many types of search, such as;
- Bibliographic records,
- Z39.50 databases
- Community information
- Citation databases
Spydus Consortium Model
A key feature of Spydus is its ability to connect all libraries. Our Consortium Model has been developed to meet the needs of libraries who wish to share all resources across the consortium through members, loans, reservations and transfer of items, or simply a bibliographic database.
The Spydus Consortium Model enhances the library experience for both users and staff. For users it enables access to increased collections, and for staff, greater opportunities to develop and expand their roles and experience. Importantly, the Spydus Consortium Model connects communities but enables them to maintain their individuality.
Flexible deployment options
Spydus is a fully web-based solution, hosted in the secure Civica cloud. This ensures you benefit from a reliable, secure and responsive system to manage your library, with none of the system hosting responsibilities. Library staff benefit from updated and improved workflows, a responsive interface that works on all devices and performs all the tasks required in modern library operations.
Delivering real cost savings and efficiencies for Richmond Libraries
Improving the public service experience with Spydus