DB2 / COBOL Developer
DB2 / COBOL Developer
Location • Sydney, Australia
The DB2 COBOL Developer will be joining our talented mainframe development team and will be responsible for providing mainframe development services (application analysis, design, coding and testing ) and application support to our customers.
We are looking for a DB2 COBOL Developer with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Analyse, design, code, test and implement COBOL / DB2 application programs
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing DB2 application programs
- Provide support to our customers for our program applications
- Collaborate effectively and closely with developers at Civica along with product managers, marketing/digital, sales and management teams at our customer site to implement DB2 solutions. You will be working to strict timelines and deadlines
- Deliver innovative solutions based on functional specifications
- Ensure that Projects are on track and requirements are met
- Ensure that development standards and principles are followed
- Follow Civica's development process and framework
- Sufficiently test the development results and complete / update documentation
- Unit Testing against requirements and specifications
Skills and Experience
- A passion for applications development and providing high quality software solutions to our customers
- In-depth working knowledge of Mainframe technologies :
- MQ Series (desirable but not mandatory)
- Expertise in problem solving, strong analytical skills and highly accurate attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both oral and written.
- Practical - willing to 'get sleeves rolled up' to drive the outcome
- Documentation skills based on modern tools, e.g. Confluence
- Focus on delivering quality solutions in a timely manner
- Strong drive and level of ownership
- Outcome Focussed
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent in front of customers
Want to join us?
We offer you flexible working arrangements, a competitive benefits package, regular "free feeds" and informal Friday drinks all from a modern working environment with the tools you'd expect to help you get the job done.
Please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the required criteria and a resume in your application. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.